2 lbs brussels sprouts, quartered
6 pieces bacon
1 small delicata squash, thinly sliced
1 small green apple, diced
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
½ c toasted pecans (omit for AIP)
⅓ c dried cranberries
½ tsp salt
For the vinaigrette
¼ c olive oil
3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 Tbs maple syrup
½ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bacon pieces on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
- When the bacon is fully cooked, remove from the oven and place on a paper towel lined plate to cool. Reserve the bacon fat. Once cool, chop into bite size pieces.
- Add the brussels sprouts to the sheet pan along with the delicata squash, toss with salt and 2 tbs of the reserved bacon fat and roast for 30-40 minutes until soft and tender.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool while making the vinaigrette.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, dried thyme and salt to a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the roasted brussels sprouts and delicata squash. Add the apple, cranberries, pecans, bacon pieces, and shallot. Stir the ingredients until well combined and transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!
- Category: salad
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: brussels sprouts, warm salad, paleo, gluten-free