Cinnamon poached peaches with sticky ginger syrup is a simple and elegant dessert perfect for late summer. Made with simple ingredients, this recipe is Paleo, dairy-free, AIP, and low sugar.
2 firm yellow peaches, halved and pitted
2 C water
1/3 C honey
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C coconut cream
2 Tbs palm shortening
1 Tbs gelatin
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, combine water, honey, ginger, cinnamon, whisk to combine.
- Bring honey mixture to low simmer and add peaches.
- Simmer for 8-12 minutes or until peaches are tender when pierced with fork.
- Remove peaches from water and set aside.
- Bring water and honey mixture to low boil and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes until sauce has thickened to a thick syrup consistency.
- Serve peaches warm with ginger syrup drizzled over top.
To make the coconut ricotta
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until combined.
- Transfer the coconut mixture to a bowl and chill in the freezer until thickened and firm to the touch, about 10 minutes.